By Manuel Cereijo
Modern nerve gases and chemical warfare agents are a by-product of insecticide research. They are composed of organic chemicals known as organophosphorus compounds that inhibit the production of cholinesterase
· Tabun (GA)-cholisterase inhibitor
· Sarin (GB)-cholinesterase inhibitor
· Soman (GD)- cholinesterase inhibitor
· Yellow Rain-Unknown compound that causes bleeding and rapid death, may include mycotoxins produced by the genus Fusarium fungi.
· Novichok-A choline sterase inhitor. Affect human genes.
· Mustard- (H, HID, HS)-causes skin and membrane inflammation. Blindness
· Phosgene Oxime (CX)-destroys skin and membrane tissue
A blood agent is absorbed into the body through the lungs where it is then picked up by the blood.
· Arsine Trihydride (SA)-causes gasping and choking, asphyxiation
· Hydrogen Cyanide (PB)-Penetrates current issue U.S. military gas masks. Causes convulsions, gasping, choking.
· Buzz (13Z)- Hallucinogenic LSD derivative
· Blue X- Incapacitates humans for 8-12 hours.